All the online boards are all a flutter with news of and anticipation for World of Color. This new nighttime show will be at DCA over the water, and standing room only seating will be in Paradise Pier. This new show will open on June 11, and no one is quite sure exactly how the standing room is going to work. But they do expect very heavy crowds, and even people camping out overnight the day before, all just to get a coveted FastPass for WoC.
If standing for hours on end, holding your space, using up valuable ride time, isn't your speed, Disney's got a few food options that will also get you in to WoC.
DLR has announced that picnic dinners are available for World of Color! It appears that guests will be able to order a box lunch at least one day and no more than 60 days in advance, and these guests will also receive passes for guaranteed entry to WoC. Meals are to be ordered online, NOT via phone with Disney Dining.
Here's the details:
- Online orders may be placed up to 60 days in advance but may not be placed on the same day as redemption. The meals may be picked up at the Sonoma Terrace from 2:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Subject to availability, guests who order Picnic meals online will be assigned to the evening’s first show, and guests who make a walk-up purchase will be assigned to that evening’s second show.
- Picnic meal options include four selections for adults: “The All American” (cold honey-stung fried chicken), “The Taste of Asia” (chilled miso-glazed salmon), “The European Antipasto” (cured meats, regional cheeses, artichoke heart, sun-dried tomato) and “The Mediterranean Vegetarian” (marinated grilled vegetables in a whole wheat wrap with roasted garlic hummus). Kids’ options for chidren ages 3-9 include “The Junior All American” (chicken), “The Lunchbox Classic” (peanut butter and jelly) and “The Little Squirt’s Box” (apple wedges, string cheese).
- All picnic meals with “World of Color” Reserved Viewing are priced at $14.99 and must be redeemed for the designated reserved show date and time. No refunds, exchanges or other discounts.
- Each guest entering the reserved viewing area must have reserved viewing area admission. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Guests may only enter the viewing area during designated times and no early or late admission will be allowed. Guests in large parties may not be guaranteed admission within the same reserved viewing area. Separate theme park admission is required.
- Want to see a video? Click here!